• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trillian IM Client

Go here and turn on your bar code scanner on your phone. Scan the bar code and it will begin the download.

Thanks. I used the bar code scanner and it worked. Now my problem is that trillian doesnt dowload my contacts pics. E-buddy did this automatically. I dont see any settings to get profile pics for contacts either. Other than that it seems to be working great. I'm debating on which is better betwen ebuddy and trillian for now.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I used the bar code scanner and it worked. Now my problem is that trillian doesnt dowload my contacts pics. E-buddy did this automatically. I dont see any settings to get profile pics for contacts either. Other than that it seems to be working great. I'm debating on which is better betwen ebuddy and trillian for now.

It does pick up the avatars (under settings) but I dont see a way to use contact pics.

Upvote 0
Can anyone help me with this. My avatars don't always download. Meaning, if I have 8 people online, some will show the proper avatar, but like 3 or 4 will just show the silhouette. I've signed out and back in, and nothing. They were all there at one point so I'm not sure what's going on. But when I log in from my Mac, all avatars are there, so it's just on my INC.

Upvote 0
Can anyone help me with this. My avatars don't always download. Meaning, if I have 8 people online, some will show the proper avatar, but like 3 or 4 will just show the silhouette. I've signed out and back in, and nothing. They were all there at one point so I'm not sure what's going on. But when I log in from my Mac, all avatars are there, so it's just on my INC.

Pretty much the same thing with me. Except none of mine show at all.

Upvote 0
eBuddy = sucks
IM+ = sucks
Trillian = sucks a little less

don't get me wrong, it's the best I've found so far, but why can't I find one damn IM app that lets me pick my notification sound? More importantly, none so far offer a "reminder" option!
:mad:

Trillian Has an option to change your notification sound. Also it does have an option to select to have ongoing notifications.

Upvote 0
Okay, what am I doing wrong? Installed Trillian earlier today - looks like a brilliant app. Everything seemed fine until about 20 minutes ago, when an old ICQ friend (again, brilliant app) msg'd me. We've been chatting for about 20 minutes, when I get a battery warning. I was a 37%, and slipped down to 12% (according to batteryleft).

Do I have a setting set to something weird, or is this just something that Trillian does? If it drains the battery that quickly, I don't think I really need to be that connected...

Upvote 0
Okay, what am I doing wrong? Installed Trillian earlier today - looks like a brilliant app. Everything seemed fine until about 20 minutes ago, when an old ICQ friend (again, brilliant app) msg'd me. We've been chatting for about 20 minutes, when I get a battery warning. I was a 37%, and slipped down to 12% (according to batteryleft).

Do I have a setting set to something weird, or is this just something that Trillian does? If it drains the battery that quickly, I don't think I really need to be that connected...

I don't really know what would have caused that. I've talked to friends on Facebook for more than 30 minutes and saw minimal battery drain. I've never used ICQ so I can't speak to that. Sorry.

Upvote 0
After spending a day using Trillian, I really like it! Had eBuddy before, which I thought was pretty good as well, only it killed my battery life. Had Trillian running all day today, and noticed about a 10% decrease in battery life than before. Not sure if that's because I was using my phone at work more or what. Will have to do further testing.

All of a sudden, Trillian can't seem to connect for some reason. Just did a reboot to see if that would fix the problem, but no go. Anyone else experiencing this as well?

Upvote 0
hi there

sorry dont know too much, you when you go into trillian settings and battery saving mode, it says it will conserve battery but slow down polls, what does that mean exactly? does it mean I wont recieve IM's real time/instantly but they'll be delayed? erm, sorry for the trouble.

Yes, you are correct. There may be delays when sending/receiving messages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones