1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Tripped Walking = Cracked/Dis-colored Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by portland88, Aug 15, 2010.

1. portland88

portland88 Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    I tripped walking down the street with my friends today beyond skinning and cutting up my arms and knee's and getting road rash the fall also took a nasty toll on my incredible. It cracked throughout the screen and it is slowly turning a greenish tint color around the cracks and throughout the screen. It is becoming completely un-usable. I got my original droid incredible back in may and I just received a like new replacement a week ago. I do NOT have insurance.

What are my options here? I have also invested over $170 into this phone through cases, extended battery and microSD card.

Advertisement

2. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    retail... bleh
    Sacramento, CA
    Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. Glad you're ok. Sorry about your phone.

3. Droidmoney

Droidmoney Member
    None

Apr 16, 2010
    sc,US
    sorry for yor fall....i guess you are just going to have to buy another one on craiglist/ebay..

4. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI
    I believe HTC will repair it, for signifigantly less than a new one. Or you could order the parts and do it yourself (except for actually mounting the screen it's not that hard). Or find a look cell phone shop...alot of them will do repairs.

ADDENDUM: You can also go to the local VZW store, and whine like a 3 year old till they offer to sell you a Refurb phone for cheap.

5. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    Marketing Analyst/Web Developer/Social Media Analy
    Philadelphia
    My friend just dropped my phone and cracked the screen. I called HTC, by the awesome advice from the forums, they can replace it for just over 100 dollars which beats any other amount i've found.

I forgot the number at home, but call customer support from htc.com and they will transfer you.

6. seVer

seVer Android Expert

May 1, 2010
    Unknown. Previous VZW Tech Support for 7 years.

you don't even have to whine. besides that's a 50/50 chance of getting someone really irritated and NOT wanting to help you, or just giving you *something* to shut you up- and usually it's not what you will want.

Having said that! This is why VZW introduced the Certified Pre-Owned program. To give options to customers who otherwise have no options...... Want a different phone, but not eligible for upgrade. Broken phone, but no insurance. Out of warranty.

7. smacky

None

Jan 11, 2010
    Well, I doubt you'll get an Incredible, new or used, for under $300. Probably more.

You can try fixing the screen, or have someone do it for you.