• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Triumph and Android 2.3

androidfonefan

Aug 4, 2011
I know the Triumph just came out. And I did what I knew was going to be a bad move.
I bought the Triumph right out of the gate.
The Triumph has some great hardware specs but the phone performance is less that spectacular. I miss my OptimusV.

Is there any news on when the 2.3 update for this phone may be out. If it's even going to get one?
This new phone needs an upgrade right after you buy it to fix some serious flaws.
It worked fine for me the first week and a half and has been glitching ever since.
Reminds me of the Intercept in a BIG HUGE way. I am not impressed (and I am easily impressed).
This phone was supposed to be the new VM flagship phone. I think the only people that buy it and are happy with it are people who make money from selling it.
Cause I don't see many of anyone else using it and being happy with it.

I know the Triumph just came out. And I did what I knew was going to be a bad move.
I bought the Triumph right out of the gate.
The Triumph has some great hardware specs but the phone performance is less that spectacular. I miss my OptimusV.

Is there any news on when the 2.3 update for this phone may be out. If it's even going to get one?
This new phone needs an upgrade right after you buy it to fix some serious flaws.
It worked fine for me the first week and a half and has been glitching ever since.
Reminds me of the Intercept in a BIG HUGE way. I am not impressed (and I am easily impressed).
This phone was supposed to be the new VM flagship phone. I think the only people that buy it and are happy with it are people who make money from selling it.
Cause I don't see many of anyone else using it and being happy with it.

I am extremely happy with my Triumph; and I don't sell them or make money on them in any way. I guess I've been lucky because I haven't had any of the issues reported by many people here. However, I will still go to 2.3 when it becomes available.

Upvote 0
I know not everyone is reporting problems. And for the first week and a half I had mine it worked like a champ. I can't say that now.
I am glad yours is working well for you, I really want to like this phone because I like the big 4 inch screen but I am having to many issues with it that I never had with my OV.

Upvote 0
no issues here, I love my phone. I have had iphones, hd2, mytouch4g and this thing rocks. For $25 a month I couldnt want anything more. You gotta remember all your going to hear are the people complaining so it seems like that's all there is when in actuality its a small percentage of the people that actually bought it complaining.

Upvote 0
My MT is head and shoulders above my old Intercept. Night and Day. I love the MT, 1 gig internal storage, HDMI out, Flash...etc ...etc

I would like 2.3 just so that I can use the forward facing cam on Skype.

I give the MT a solid 9 out of 10...

theres a moded version of skype with FFC working on our phone. I have it and use it no issues

Upvote 0
My MT is head and shoulders above my old Intercept. Night and Day. I love the MT, 1 gig internal storage, HDMI out, Flash...etc ...etc

I would like 2.3 just so that I can use the forward facing cam on Skype.

I give the MT a solid 9 out of 10...
Skype video call works fine on my MT 2.2.2 over WiFi. However, I would like Google video, specifically recently launched hangout (in Google+ messenger) to work. The upgrade would be a welcome step.

Upvote 0
I had Android 2.3.3 on a previous phone and suffered from the dreaded "Dialer Battery Drain" bug. Receiving a call would make the dialer use up 97% of the battery! I am very happy to be back using Android 2.2 and won't go near 2.3 again.
Just curious to know if that's a stock 2.3.3 you're referring to, what phone. I have great battery life with gingerbread on both MIUI and CM7 - better than stock, and battery temps are superior, too. I don't think I've ever heard of the drain issue in the rooting forum, just curious what the differences may be :)

Upvote 0
I had Android 2.3.3 on a previous phone and suffered from the dreaded "Dialer Battery Drain" bug. Receiving a call would make the dialer use up 97% of the battery! I am very happy to be back using Android 2.2 and won't go near 2.3 again.

I doubt that a phone call used 97% of your battery. Starting from a full charge, that would imply that 1 call left you at a 3% charge?
Using the battery usage stats in the operating system, with the rest of the Android system using so little juice (maybe 1-4% per hour) depending on when your device was turned on, a call that used as little as 1% of your total battery capacity could show up in the stats as 97% battery usage.
Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean.
Perhaps your phone had a weird bug I've never heard of (very possible).
Anyway, just trying to explain how the dialer could show up at the top of your battery stats and still be getting great battery life.

Upvote 0
I doubt that a phone call used 97% of your battery. Starting from a full charge, that would imply that 1 call left you at a 3% charge?
Using the battery usage stats in the operating system, with the rest of the Android system using so little juice (maybe 1-4% per hour) depending on when your device was turned on, a call that used as little as 1% of your total battery capacity could show up in the stats as 97% battery usage.
Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean.
Perhaps your phone had a weird bug I've never heard of (very possible).
Anyway, just trying to explain how the dialer could show up at the top of your battery stats and still be getting great battery life.

the percentage in the battery graph actually means how much battery was consumed for the amount of time that app was actively running. in the few minutes it took to make that call, the dialer used 97% of the battery compared to any other processes running in those few minutes.

if you make multiple calls, the battery graph will add up the battery consumed over the times the app was running and put them together. it does this for each app and service and these numbers make up the graph.

now, CM7 does not have that bug, but a 2.3 Manufacturer rom might. the problem is, he didnt say what he was using.

Its sad that one bad experience scared him away from a better rom. Like one of my family members PCs rebooted randomly ONCE in Windows 7 and she swore it off forever and went back to win98SE. some people... some people... tsk tsk

Upvote 0

thats a very interesting read, but why havent I seen it? I pay close attention to battery stats on cm7, and on different phones and different CM7 ports I've never seen the dialer cause any problems. I'll try to force this issue on my MT but I doubt it will accomplish much, I make many calls a day and the maps app is the biggest drain followed by android system and screen. My phone goes on average between 5 and 7 days without reboots.

Upvote 0
thats a very interesting read, but why havent I seen it? I pay close attention to battery stats on cm7, and on different phones and different CM7 ports I've never seen the dialer cause any problems. I'll try to force this issue on my MT but I doubt it will accomplish much, I make many calls a day and the maps app is the biggest drain followed by android system and screen. My phone goes on average between 5 and 7 days without reboots.

I had to uninstall Google maps because of the battery drain in CM7.I wasn't even using it and it would show up as the highest battery usage.

Upvote 0

I haven't seen this on CM7 for Optimus V or MT, could be proximity sensor since that's used during a call and may not be turned off properly afterwards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones