1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Triumph and the MOGA controller

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sega dude, Dec 25, 2012.

1. sega dude

sega dude Member

I got a MOGA controller today and I really like it. Problem is when I play Sonic CD, there is a lag when I press the jump button. I think it is the phone because the game slows down amd there is no lag playing it on my THRiVE tablet. I am running the latest MTDEV CM7. Is there a way to make the phone run the game better? Should I try another governor? I don't want to try another ROM unless I absolutely have to. I also don't feel comfortable overclocking. I can't go back to 2.2 because the MOGA is only compatible with 2.3 and above. Is there anything I can do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

You could try another GB or ICS ROM. Just do a backup of your current stuff before hand. That way if you figure it's not the ROM you can go back.

3. AtticTRON

AtticTRON Android Enthusiast

I had the same issue and thought it was also my ROM but then I also tried it on my Nexus 7 and it also lagged. I later tried switching batteries to newer ones and the problem went away. Maybe it gets laggy when it has low battery?

4. sega dude

sega dude Member

That could be it. The batteries I put in it aren't new.

5. AtticTRON

AtticTRON Android Enthusiast

The batteries I used were also not new. Try getting some new batteries and see if the problem persists.

6. Darklink

Darklink Newbie

I just got my free moga controller. They had a one day special for it. I havent even spent much time on sonic or pivot app.. I'm more interested in emulators.

I am trying the moga universal driver app. I can pair and seam to map buttons but when playing a game on 64oid or snesoid the buttons dont work right. I am trying IME mode also. I wonder if anyone out there has got this set up correctly? I'm running cm7 and I might try it on cm9.

Mine also came with modern combat4. Looks like a great game but I doubt a motor triumph can handle it.

7. sega dude

sega dude Member

I replaced the batteries with brand new ones and it helped a little bit but the problem was solved now that I upgraded to MTDEV-CM7 build 2012-12-28. It's SO much better now, zero lag. It makes it so much easier to play. As for the universal driver, I haven't had any luck with it. I tried to get it working with PrBoom4Android on my Triumph and kwaak3 on my THRiVE but didn't have any luck with either.

Darklink likes this.
  8. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

OK, I wonder. Is this a bluetooth device? I know chairshot would like to know about the BT performance.

9. sega dude

sega dude Member

Yes, it is a bluetooth device. Not only does it not lag anymore, it also connects much faster now.

Darklink likes this.
  10. Darklink

Darklink Newbie

I was using old batteries and an old cm7. I was ready to sell my controller. I still want emulator support but I will try those two things. Thanks. If I get the universal driver working I will let this thread know.

Update : wow, new cm7 works great with this controller. I use the universal controller on IME mode and not system mode. I assigned each button a number or letter in the ime settings. So the controller acts like a Bluetooth keyboard. On the 64oid emulated I have to enable Bluetooth gamepads in settings, but fPSe worked just fine.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews