1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Triumph Battery on eBay

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by uguu, Sep 3, 2011.

1. uguu

uguu Newbie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jordonwii

jordonwii Member

I'd like to hear too. I need a replacement battery big time.

3. Prey521

Prey521 Android Enthusiast

Why don't YOU try it and let us know? :)

4. jordonwii

jordonwii Member

Because...I'm broke. ;)

5. retromind

retromind Member

Is this 1300 or 1400 mAh?
    i found one that seems more legitimate on batterybay

batterybay.net/Battery-for-Motorola-Triumph-WX435-p/motorola%20-cs-mwx435sl.htm

ridingduo likes this.
  6. ridingduo

ridingduo Lurker

retro,
    Did you see that when you enter a search at batterybay for Triumph they return a couple of extended batteries?

They seem different though, with the 4-port terminals...and show an extended cover which is definitely a mismatch, probably a mistake.

Thanks though for the link, have ordered one.

7. retromind

retromind Member

riding,
    to me this battems seems thicker than the standard and probably could be a mismatch as you said.

which one did you order?
    Let us know how well it worked

8. ridingduo

ridingduo Lurker

I ordered the one that is not the extended version, it just didn't look right.

Will post as soon as I get it and start using it.

9. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

rvarn1 likes this.
  10. bobakman

bobakman Newbie

11. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

12. bobakman

bobakman Newbie

Most of these are coming direct from Hong Kong and I am banking my trust only on the Sellers feedback.The battery charger pins have to be set up manually I understand and may have the risk of a reverse polarity issue if not done properly. I only see two terminals on the charger and three on the battery I know only two should be needed so I will have to verify the polarity on the battery prior to use, usually two of the three are the same polarity though I have not verified this on my battery yet. If anyone has used one of these chargers already please let me know how it has worked for you.

Bob

EDIT: I checked the battery. Polarity is marked on the label and the two inner contacts are Negative Polarity (-) with the outer being Positive (+)

13. beepbot

beepbot Newbie

14. bobakman

bobakman Newbie

I'll let you know when the one I ordered with my extra battery comes.
    Looks like this one:

1x Battery Charger for Motorola Triumph Photon 4G MB855 | eBay

Bob

beepbot likes this.
  15. beepbot

beepbot Newbie

Thanks, Bob. I'm interested to hear whether the connectors slide around too easily (I'd be worried about bumping into it and frying the battery). Also curious whether the battery fits snugly, or whether it threatens to pop out. I was interested in finding a charger I could take with me in my car, and have it resting on the seat or floor, without worrying that the battery will get dislodged if I hit a bump. I'd prefer not to have to jerry-rig the thing with silicone/tape/glue/etc. Thanks in advance.

16. kaosryda

kaosryda Newbie

17. kaosryda

kaosryda Newbie

18. Ish_fish

Ish_fish Lurker

19. treelover3

treelover3 Newbie

bobloadmire and idbl_fanatic like this.
  20. hangdogdaddy

hangdogdaddy Newbie

bobloadmire and idbl_fanatic like this.
  21. Ish_fish

Ish_fish Lurker

Got my battery in the mail today, as expected its made in China. Currently in the process of doing the charge and discharge cycles!
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Ive been reading that charging and discharging a lithium ion battery is not neccesary or good for the battery so im just gonna skip that. But so far it lasted a full charge today for around 5 1/2 hours with full brightness, gps satellites on, bluetooth on, all animations turned on, and live wallpaper used and moderate to constant use. Basically everything turned on and at max settings. So far seems good :)

tastytoast and LeoXearo like this.
  22. treelover3

treelover3 Newbie

I got the battery on Saturday, but I had already taken the Triumph back to Target on Friday night. Bad GPS, and unreliable home and back buttons were enough for me.

I'll keep the battery in case VM gets its act together and fixes all of the problems with the Triumph. I'd buy the Triumph again in a heartbeat if they fixed all of the known issues; it's a nice phone.
    tl

23. uguu

uguu Newbie

Hmm.. that seems a bit longer than the stock battery. I think constant heavy use would kill the stock battery after ~4 hours. I guess the extra 200mah works pretty well.

24. Ish_fish

Ish_fish Lurker

Yes i think it does seem to good to be true my phone died today and i didnt even use it that much, lasted just as long as the original battery. maybe this battery is not that much better after all. I will continue to test it out.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews