• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Triumph Kills My WiFi Adapters

Okay guys., I have spent TONS of time trying to figure this issue out:

When my phone is near my computer, the computer loses its WiFi connection. If I move the Triumph away from the computer, both can be on WiFi with no issue. Any idea why this is and if there is a workaround?

The only thing I could think of is they're running on the same frequency so if it gets to close they interfere with each other. I never had that problem so I couldn't tell you if there was a solution or not...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick responses guys! So has anyone even experienced anything similar to this?

I just had this weird bug just now too. Like when I trying to use any internet connection via WiFi I get a toast of the raw file path (com.developer.appname) each time I try to enter, including gmail.

All I did was restart the phone and it is fixed. It was strange that we just had it moment apart. Anyone else had this issue?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that my Go SMS Pro's go chat sleep mode disables universal wifi. The problem is unrelated. That is all.

Upvote 0
More than likely the proximity of your Triumph to you computer creates extra noise to the point where your devices can no longer "hear" the signal from the router. The signal from the router must be as strong as possible while the noise is kept to a minimum. Otherwise, your device will just get data errors because it cannot distinguish the router's signal from the surrounding noise.

TL;DR: Keep the devices away from each other.

Upvote 0
I also had this issue with my laptop and Triumph. My Asus Transformer Prime, ps3, iPod, my dad's iPad and iPhone - everything worked well, just not my laptop and phone. Since getting a new replacement Triumph the issue stopped though (It stopped charging, so VM replaced it). It was any network though, whether my house, my school, stores...so it had to be that specific phone.

Upvote 0
Already have an N router and I'm running tomato its in G mode right now (damn ps3) but exhibits the same behavior in N

I don't want to take this OT, but I was thinking of getting a new router eventually. How do you like Tomato? I was considering changing the firmware and whatnot (I enjoy teh haxing of teh techzors)

Also-I changed the channel frequency, things seem to be OK for now. Running 4 netbooks, my 360 and the phone without issue. Also-I would recommend keeping the devices separate if possible. Proximity seems to be an issue also as others have said.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones