1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Triumph Roundup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by novak921, Aug 4, 2011.

1. novak921

novak921 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Male
    Life
    Chicago
    Hey Guys, let me start off by saying Nice to meet you all, picked up the Triumph yesterday 8/3/11 and have been liking it so far. Been reading up on the forum and decided to post up some comments that I've seen reoccurring.

1) I bought my Triumph at a Bestbuy in IL near Chicago and they did not have a bestbuy black tie ADH protection plan, only one that covered dust, electric surge and manufacture defects so maybe it is just my area.

2) My Triumph came with software 39 which some on the forum have commented to be the "better" less glitchy software.

3) I bought the rocket fish $20.99 soft gell case from bestbuy and I like it a lot. It's very sleek and nice.

The Bestbuy sku on the receipt is 2945501

The UPC on the case package is 600603142741

4) I just installed CWM (Clockwork Recovery) this morning and tried the GPS fix which can be found here I don't have any results to share yet as I have not tested it but it can't hurt to do it.

5) My Battery seems pretty stable and is not draining incredible fast or losing power. I use Battery Time in the market to keep track of my battery life.

6) I have only had the phone for a day but I have not had any random restarts although I did lose Data signal at one point and had to reboot to get it back.

Overall I am really enjoying the phone and love the large screen so I hope this post will help some people out feel more confident about their phone and enjoy them!

Nice meeting you all!

~Novak

Advertisement

2. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    Software 39?
    Does this also do graphing and record voltage levels by any chance? I've been meaning to search the market for a batt monitor app but haven't gotten around to it yet, and yes I'm procrastinating as I originally meant to do this on my Optimus V.

I'm just asking about graphing, etc. as on my Palms(ones that took AAAs), and on my Franklin eBookman EBM-911(IIRC, 16M version w/backlight) I had two very similar batt monitoring apps(used them because I wised up and use NiMH rechargeables) that would graph batt %age, voltage, est. runtime, etc. Very nice apps to have since neither the Palms nor the EBM really supported NiMH metering well if at all.

3. jntdroid

jntdroid Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    CFP
    some people are reporting their phone's software version ending in _039 instead of _038

4. cutterjohn

None

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks, I finally noticed that in the CWM stickied thread. You wouldn't happen to have the link to the thread where this originated would you?

5. harvickchick

harvickchick Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Female
    Kernersville, NC
    I think it was the help me decide on screen color thread or something to that effect I think?

6. cutterjohn

None

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks. I checked mine and I've got _38 but no problems... other than hadcent acts up...

7. novak921

novak921 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Male
    Life
    Chicago
    Hey CutterJohn, my comment in regards to the battery was just me seeing how long the battery lasted, sorry no "real" stats to back up the claim. I used the phone out of the package till the battery died and then charged it while powered off until full. I unplugged it at 9am this morning and it is now 8pm (Central) with 23% battery life left but I would consider myself to be a "lite" user. Messaging, some internet, google maps, little gaming, bunch of pictures.

Hope that helps!

~Novak