1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

trivial annoyance. word prediction

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nynvolt, Dec 22, 2011.

1. nynvolt

nynvolt Android Enthusiast

I almost hate to ask this because this phone has been perfect in almost every way but when posting on forums, possibly while texting too, (my texts are short and don't worry so much about spelling so haven't noticed the problem) the word prediction works maybe 50% of the time. Even in the same sentence it will stop auto punctuation, spell checking and word prediction. Gets annoying. Has anyone experienced this and/or know of a fix?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Haven't noticed but honestly once amazon did swiftkey x for free i haven't looked back. LOVE it as a keyboard.

I would turn text prediction off, reboot and then turn it back on. See if that helps... i agree, that would be extremely annoying!

nynvolt likes this.
  3. andr01d

andr01d Android Enthusiast

i turn my phone sideways (landscape mode) as it has more words to pick from. Not sure if this is the way you are already using it(?)

nynvolt likes this.
  4. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast

Don't have that problem probably because I'm such a poor speller that any help I get is appreciated.

5. nynvolt

Thanks for the replies, downloaded SwiftKey x trial, they want four bucks for the regular. So far it's working good, but just need to get used to it.

6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I set my to fast-type and don't think i could live with anything else. Not sure if its with 4 bucks... I honestly never would have tried it if it wasn't free from amazon

7. jayochs

jayochs Android Enthusiast

i know what you mean, man. the predicitons just STOP working for no reason when you type faster..they just, don't even bother, causing a BUNCH of mis-spelled words. the bar of words to predict from doesn't show up sometimes, as if it's not registering it. yeah, i had that happen a lot, that's the sense keyboard for ya though. i've been using swiftkey, but idk if it's my imagination or not but it seems to have gotten a bit laggy

nynvolt likes this.
  8. nynvolt

Glad I'm not the only one, but every android keyboard I have used lags. That's my experience the word prediction bar goes blank. I really rely on it for words like you're, we'll, I'd etc.

The swift key app isn't free on amazon anymore, just the trial.

9. nynvolt

Sorry to bump this but wanted to recommend downloading actual Swype. It rocks, seems better and more accurate than Swype on my previous phone and better than the trace option. It's free too! Just Google Swype beta. Two thumbs up!

10. schimm

schimm Android Enthusiast

Another vote for SwiftKey. The more you use it the better it gets at predicting.

11. jayochs

jayochs Android Enthusiast

yeah SwiftKey was ten cents during the sale so i snatched it up lol i love it, it works so well

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews