• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble answering calls when using phone

Need more information.

Are you rooted?
What carrier?
Screen protector in use?
Case on the phone?
Dropped the phone recently?
Performed a soft reset?
Do you have a lot of contacts on the phone?
How long has this been occurring?
Did you add or remove any programs prior to this?
Not rooted
Carrier o2 in UK
No screen protector
Yes case on phone
Not dropped phone
Did factory reset
60ish contactsBeen occuring two days ago
No programme changes
Upgraded to 4.4 and then factory reset.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
well if you factory reset and it still acts this way then something physically is wrong with your device and you need to take it in for service.

factory reset will cure 99.8% of issues.
Got in touch with HTC today, they are picking it up on Monday.
I think that I should have stayed with Samsung. This is the second time that I have had to return it.

Oilyboy

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I have just started experiencing calling problems with my HTC One M7.
I can call but the phone does not respond, I do not hear a ringing and when the other side picks up, they can not hear me and I can not hear them. The phone becomes unresponsive and takes a while before resuming to normal function. The HTC error message appears asking if I want to send a report and I usually say send.
The microphone works fine because I can use wifi calling. I have restarted the device and left it off for a while before using it again and the problem still occurs. Sometimes, when I turn on the phone again and immediately call someone, the calling function works perfectly fine. I can hear the dial tone, the ringing, they can hear me and I can hear them fine. But once I hang up and make another call, the problem starts to happen again.

I don't know if this is a hardware issue or a software issue but how do I solve this?

Upvote 0
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before.

my friend has a HTC One M7 on 3 network, she can call me but as soon as I call her back, it goes straight to her answer phone. This happens with everyone who tries to call her. The only way around it is to turn off my caller id before I ring her and then her phone rings. Any ideas? I don't like turning caller ID off as many of my other friends refuse to answer a blocked number and I constantly forget to turn caller id back on.

Kind regards.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones