• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble answering calls.

dgeezer

May 6, 2010
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there is a work around. Often I will get a call and the screen is locked up and I can't answer the incoming call. I have the same problem with the regular slide to answer screen or now using No Lock. I think it has to do with my hands being sweaty or damp since it is mostly when I'm working out doing hard work. On my palm pre I could slide open the keyboard to answer a call if this happened.
Is there an alternative hardware button that will answer a call?
Or, maybe an app that would change the power button answer a call instead of ignoring a call.

A sweaty finger would not reduce the sensitivity. On the contrary, the salt in the sweat makes your finger more conductive, which is how the screen works. So something else is going on there. I haven't had this issue. My issue is that if the phone is in my pocket, in the process of pulling it out, I inadvertently cause the the phone to "ignore" the call. I must be accidentally sliding the lock screen UP, which is how you would intentionally ignore the call. I think I need to find a new mechanism for taking calls when the phone is locked.

Upvote 0
Just now, my screen was completely locked and would not let me answer the call. This is about the fourth time this has happened. And, I had the same problem someone else mentioned, that if I pull my phone out of my pocket, since the screen has become active since a call is coming in, the act of sliding the phone out of my pocket causes me to reject the call. Gee, I wonder if that's why the iPhone requires you to slide sideways!!!??? Of course it is. They actually do usability testing. The Android OS needs a lot more of that. But maybe this is HTC Sense nonsense? Not sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones