1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Trouble auto-detecting/connecting to wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Doodlebam, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Doodlebam

Doodlebam Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    I've been having this problem for quite some time, and it seems like the GB update has only increased the amount of issues. Upon unlocking the screen, my DX2 used to take quite awhile (1-2 min) to auto-detect wireless networks and then connect to my preferred network at home. Now, I have to go into the wifi settings each time to get the network to connect. As soon as I open the wifi settings, the networks are listed and the phone connects right away. However, doing this each time is becoming increasingly tedious.

Some details on the phone and connection: my DX2 is not rooted, GB OS, less than 2 month old, and has a total of 5 connections stored in its wifi network memory (none of which are in the same city). My home network runs off a G wireless router and it usually pushes out at around 20megs.

I would appreciate anybody who could give me some tips for getting my phone to connect properly once again.

Advertisement

2. rmpage

rmpage Lurker
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    NC
    I sometimes heave this issue as well. If it persists, I usually cycle power for the wifi radio using a widget, which works, but is annoying.

3. BabyDoc

BabyDoc Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    Try deleting the networks you rarely need or use.
    It should help your connection speed.

With only one network, my X2 always connects within 10 seconds to my home WiFi network.