• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble Blue tooth tethering

melantus

Feb 7, 2011
So this used to work to connect to the internet with my xoom using my OG droid in blue tooth mode. Now when I click to tether it says "connecting" then nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue or had the same issue and resolved it?

I've tried reinstalling the app and that did nothing. I've been able to connect my itouch via wifi tether with my droid. My computer can blue tooth with my droid. So it's definitely a xoom issue, just don't understand how it worked before, but now it does nothing. The only thing that has changed is I'm using a custom rom not sure if that's the issue..

Ok...first rule of diagnostics/debugging...figgure out what's actually causing the problem. Have you tried other bt functions (i.e. pic sharing, headsets etc)? have you tried bt tethering your phone with a laptop? First figure out if it's the X you've used successfully, or the brand new Xoom which was released half done. (Flash, SD card, 4G and who knows what else)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones