• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble charging

Razi

Lurker
Nov 7, 2009
I got my Droid today at 4pm, and played with it a bit at the store. It powered down due to low battery. When I plug it into my PC the white light by the USB lights up but you can't turn it on. When I plug the USB into the wall converter it boots but no white light. I called support and they said the white light was supposed to be on and charging takes about 4 hours the first time.

I plugged it into the PC since that was where I got the white light (will deal with the charger later). I have had it plugged in for 4 hours now and noticed that it turns on every so often (the white light goes out when it boots) and it expends the 5% that it charged! I have turned off the wifi, bluetooth and gps in hopes that it would charge faster. No such luck - it keeps booting, using up what little charge it got and powering down.

Any ideas???

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones