1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Trouble connecting to Exchange server

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tssumners, Aug 27, 2010.

1. tssumners

tssumners New Member

Aug 7, 2010
    First post!! :)
    Thought 2.2 was going to fix the issues most people were having with exchange and the droid but still having connection errors after setup. Using a trial of Touchdown right now but would love to use the stock email from moto. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    IT Network Administrator
    Abbotsford, WI
    I have the stock client with no issues. When you say you are having troubles what type of errors are you getting. I have never had troubles with 2.1 and I just finished forcing 22D into my phone and exchange is still working fine.

3. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    IT Network Administrator
    Abbotsford, WI
    I will help with what I can but you left your information too vague. The first place I would check is the cert and tell it to accept any.

4. tssumners

tssumners New Member

Aug 7, 2010
    After manual setup looks like it is trying to sync and then in the mailbox I refresh and get the error: "Unable to open connection to server." All server settings are correct according to my IT dept.

5. June Tang

June Tang New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    I have 2.2 installed, I have error: unable to connect to exchange server. I have deleted my user name and reenter it, still getting the same error.

6. 1cericks

1cericks New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    If your company is like mine, they have security settings on the exchange server that are incompatible with Motorola Droid + Android 2.2 (even though it worked fine with Android 2.1). You can use this link to get them to grant your device an exception to the security policy:
    DROID - Exchange Email Troubleshooting