• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble deciding - HTC One or iPhone 5?

Hi I'm Gabe and I'm new. I'm looking to upgrade soon from my s3 which i currently hate.. and I'm currently confused on whether I should get the HTC one on sprint or the iPhone 5. I know I will probably get mixed messages on android forums but I really can't decide. :(
I need good battery life
I need a stable music player
I need durability
Lastly something cute lol I am a girl and looks do matter lol
HTC one got my attention with the design of it but seems not to be very durable and I heard it's hard to fix.
I always like the design of the iPhone it's common and you can find cool accessories everywhere for it.

What might help is to know what it is you hate about your S3, coz if it is basically Android that you hate, then the answer is pretty clear ;)

Re the two phones, I don't think there's much to choose between them on the four factors you list: both are very cute, very well built, have decent battery life and have good music players.

Basically, they're both really good phones - the HTC is technically a touch more advanced as its around 6 months younger, but I don't think either is intrinsically better than the other. The choice comes down to your preferences regarding iOS v Android, screen size, app availability etc.

(Obviously, I'd go for the HTC One :D)

Reactions: skullandcandy
Upvote 0
There's to many things I hate about this phone I have now.. I have small hands so screen size doesn't matter really. The one thing I didn't care for with the iPhone is how everything costs in the market and how I couldn't sync my music. I came from a 4s and I ended up missing the design of the iPhone. This is way to hard lol I know with the htc one I can get my music easily >> maybe I should buy both and call it a day..

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
That's a good idea. I just hate going to the sprint store they always follow you around hungry like.. But I'll try that

Then go to a competitor's store that has both and simply tell them you are bored and looking but locked into your current contract for a full two more years.

Also, I agree with people above, especially SiempreTuna. But, I do not agree with SiempreTuna about durability. I see A LOT more apple phones with broken screens than I see on Android phones.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
If it was me and i could afford it id take the One in a heartbeat because its both cutting edge and beautiful (i always thought girls like the samsung look that i hate lol)
For durability just put a nice case on your s3 and help us to make it better because its still a great phone imo. I have a feeling though that your mind is made up and you can afford a new phone so what are the top three things you use a phone for? (Just so i can decide between iphone and HTC) x

Upvote 0
Well I hate touch wiz omg its like Idk I just hate the design of it and the lag it has in every thing it does. Anyway I use my phone
1 music I get music from my friends and stuff so I like to be able to save it
2 camera I'm a photographer
3 gaming I like playing games
I get bored easily I like the os of the iPhone but it never let's me do what I want. But omg I love iPhone SMS theme lol

Upvote 0
Well I hate touch wiz omg its like Idk I just hate the design of it and the lag it has in every thing it does. Anyway I use my phone
I get bored easily I like the os of the iPhone but it never let's me do what I want. But omg I love iPhone SMS theme lol

Camera's #2? Which, given all phones do music pretty well these days (except maybe your S3 :D), means it's #1.

In that case, the HTC One is favourite: it has the second best camera available on any phone at the minute. Bigger than average sensor, reasonable lens and some nice software to back it up.

Of course, if you want the best camera on a phone (and it's best by a country mile) then - dare I say this on an Android forum? - you really have to get the latest Nokia. The camera on that is awesome - mechanical stablility, mechanical shutter, very good lens, huge sensor, the works - really, everything else is so far behind, they can't even see the Nokia's dust .. :D

Upvote 0

The iPhone 5 did poorly in a recent comparison of smartphone camera image quality.
Smartphone Camera Showdown: Who is the Best?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones