1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

trouble eith downloads

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vjim1991, Nov 30, 2009.

1. vjim1991

vjim1991 Lurker

Hey, I have some trouble with my magic and I really hope somebody can help me! When I want to download a new app, it doesn't start the download. I also have the same problem with upgrading other apps I already have. Can somebody help me out with this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Android Expert

Are you trying to download over WiFi or 3G/Data?

3. vjim1991

vjim1991 Lurker

3g but does that really matter?

4. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Android Expert

It can. 3G is using your wireless carrier's system, so if you don't have a good/strong (any) signal, you can have difficulty downloading.

Unless someone else here knows a better immediate answer, I suggest you try doing the same thing using a WiFi connection instead of your 3G connection.

If the downloads work using WiFi, try it once again using 3G. If you still have trouble via 3G, but not via WiFi, you will know that the problem is with your 3G connection.

If you have the same problem using both 3G _and_ WiFi, then we have to look elsewhere for the problem.

5. vjim1991

vjim1991 Lurker

whow, it worked. I tried it with my WiFi and downloaded a couple of apps and now it is also working with 3G. Really weird but thanks for the advise :-D

6. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Android Expert

No problem. Sounds like it might have just been a bad 3G connection when you tried originally.

HTC Magic Forum

The HTC Magic release date was May 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1340mAh battery.

May 2009
Release Date
Reviews