1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Trouble finding specified path when trying to load program to move apps to sd on nonrooted desire.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by htcforme, Jun 8, 2011.

1. htcforme

htcforme Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Australia
    Hi,

Have been trying all day :mad::mad: to follow the guide by williamj1 on 'How to move apps to sd card on an unrooted device: A noobs guide. My phone is full, and non rooted so looking to do this to make space. So close but no cigar:(

Can anyone offer some guidance to where I am going wrong. Running Windows Vista, syncing no probs, usb debugging checked, followed the guide (several attempts), still tears...

Following is a screen shot I've attached. (Hopefully it worked)

Thanks...

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. SiHa

SiHa Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    Southampton, UK.
    Hmm.

Looks like Vista doesn't follow the usual Windows fille structure, and 'Desktop' isn't where it should be/ Unfortunately, I don't know where it is, as I've not used Vista.
    I think the easiset thing to do if you can't find your 'Desktop' folder would be to extract the sdk to the root of your c: drive.

Then to run the executable in the first step you'll need to open up C: via 'My Computer' and find the 'android-sdk-windows' folder.

So then later, you want
    Code (Text):
    1. cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools
    or maybe
    Code (Text):
    1. cd c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools
    Finally, you put all the commands on one line, this is wrong. CD to the folder, as above, then run each command separately:
    Code (Text):
    1. cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools <enter>
    2. adb devices <enter>
    3. adb shell <enter>
    then at the $ prompt:
    Code (Text):
    1. pm setInstallLocation 2
    What I would say though is that this isn't a panacea, not all apps will work from the SD, and no widgets do at all - they may initially, but won't after a reboot.

htcforme likes this.
  3. htcforme

htcforme Member
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Australia
    Awesome, thanks for taking the time to give me such a detailed response. I'll have a crack tomorrow. Thank you. :)

Tags: