• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trouble flashing custom roms

Cthulhu

Lurker
Dec 16, 2013
I am having trouble rooting my phone. I first rooted it using the root guide on this website. I downloaded the root checker app, and it says that It is rooted, and I'm able to use apps that require the phone to be rooted, but I believe that It may have been rooted incorrectly because I've been having issues with the recovery. I am trying to flash a custom rom, but I am getting an "signature failed" message. I have installed cwm through rom manager, so that's not the problem. Also, some of the options are missing, such as "backup and restore" "mounts and storage" and "advanced". When I rooted my other phone, those options were there, and from there I could disable signature verification, but it's not showing up on this phone, so I am stuck. Does anyone know why these options aren't appearing, and how to fix this?

I somehow managed to fix the issue by factory resetting and reinstalling clockworkmod. I guess cwm didn't flash correctly the first time because It showed the little top hat in the background, but like I said, some of the options were missing. Everything seems to be working now. Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones