1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Trouble flashing custom roms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cthulhu, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Cthulhu

Cthulhu Lurker

I am having trouble rooting my phone. I first rooted it using the root guide on this website. I downloaded the root checker app, and it says that It is rooted, and I'm able to use apps that require the phone to be rooted, but I believe that It may have been rooted incorrectly because I've been having issues with the recovery. I am trying to flash a custom rom, but I am getting an "signature failed" message. I have installed cwm through rom manager, so that's not the problem. Also, some of the options are missing, such as "backup and restore" "mounts and storage" and "advanced". When I rooted my other phone, those options were there, and from there I could disable signature verification, but it's not showing up on this phone, so I am stuck. Does anyone know why these options aren't appearing, and how to fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Rooting affects the currently installed ROM, it has absolutely nothing to do with the recovery or with flashing a ROM.

Maybe you installed a very old version of CWM?

Cthulhu likes this.
  3. Cthulhu

Cthulhu Lurker

Well, I installed the most updated version of cwm from rom manager. I think it's ver.6.

4. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Your description of your recovery sounds a lot like stock recovery.

Cthulhu likes this.
  5. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Android Expert

likewise, after you flash recovery from rom manager. did you reboot straight to cwm?

Cthulhu likes this.
  6. Cthulhu

Cthulhu Lurker

I somehow managed to fix the issue by factory resetting and reinstalling clockworkmod. I guess cwm didn't flash correctly the first time because It showed the little top hat in the background, but like I said, some of the options were missing. Everything seems to be working now. Thank you for the help, I appreciate it.

ZTE Warp Sequent Forum

The ZTE Warp Sequent release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews