• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble flashing rom to Htc Bolt

So I made a custom recovery with twrp and when I reinstalled it something went wrong and now the home button/fingerprint sensor no longer work. Also music and videos won't play. They attempt to but then give me an error. In fact, no sounds will play. Also the fingerprint sensor setting have disappeared. I don't see much of anyway to fix this so I've been trying for hours to install another rom using the RUU option. The installer starts and sometimes makes it to the consent screen and others not even that far. Then it just shuts off. The computer finds my phone ok and I am sure that I have a compatible rom. The only oneI could find that was for sure compatible is the .exe file. So I don't know how to install it any other way. I am a very new enthusiast at working with android roms. Any ideas about what's going on? Any suggestions about alternative install methods using the .exe file?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones