• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble getting Tattoo to work with my car bluetooth - do I have to root?

OM2

Android Enthusiast
Jun 12, 2010
I've read a few posts about the amazing deficiencies of Tattoo's bluetooth connections

I've got a built in car bluetooth kit - I forget the name, but it's one of the more expensive ones that comes built in with company cars

My Tattoo refuses to pair and connect :(

Before I give up, I wanted to know if I 'root', will this help?
I say 'root', I know what it's about, but haven't looked into what is needed to do it and how easy it is and what disadvantages, if any it has

Any replies about this would be great

I can't do without the bluetooth usage on my car, if I can't get working, then I'll just have to sell - which I don't want to...!

Thanks

OM

there might be something that you have to do first on your in-car bluetooth before trying to pair with your bluetooth phone. It would be good if you was able to tell me the name of your car bluetooth.

thanks for the reply
the system is a thbbury one
there is nothing else i need to do - i've been able to pair many other phones to it
u just pair it and connect

please let me know if there' *anything* i can do
i'll keep the tattoo and suffer everything else - but this one thing, i cant cope with!

Upvote 0
if your able to get into the settings of the device you might be able to remove some phones from your in car kit device. because your in car device may only let you connect so many devices. I have got a head set that connects to my tattoo and first of all i had to hold the button for 10 seconds until a light came on constant and then active my bluetooth and search for devices then i connected to my headset, i dont know if you device is similar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones