1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Trouble Installing Apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by detroitwhiteboy, Nov 23, 2010.

1. detroitwhiteboy

detroitwhiteboy Active Member

Aug 29, 2010
    A few weeks ago I did a factory reset on my phone. Everything worked well, except now when I try to reinstall some apps (Angry Birds, for example), it fails. These are apps that I had on my phone before the reset, and I have tried to reinstall them more than once with the same result every time. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Advertisement

2. HomelessDepot

HomelessDepot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    Hmm, I'm wondering if you can give us a little bit more info.

When you say the app install 'fails,' what does that mean? Does the Market app close? Does it spit out an error? Did they install OK a few weeks ago after the reset, and only recently start causing problems?

Are there ANY apps that download and install fine?

-HD

3. DCDD85

DCDD85 New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Hi I'm having a similar problem. I have not done any resets to my phone but I recently completed and update about a week ago or so. I am new to the Android OS but from what I can tell there is no error message in the GUI when the install fails. The notification bar shows that the install was 'unsuccessful' Is there a way to see an error report? Maybe an app? I can sometimes get the install to work after trying a few times. Angry Birds is also an app that will not install for me as well. Any help is appreciated!

Dominic

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Try removing your sd card and installing.

5. HomelessDepot

HomelessDepot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    You may want to try installing over Wifi if you haven't already. A factory reset may fix the problem, but obviously that entails backing up contacts/app data/whatever else you want to save. Things on your SD card should be left untouched. I've hard reset a number of times

There may be an Android error log of some kind, but I'm not aware of it. Many apps have their own error dump, but I don't know if there's an encompassing, OS-based one.

-HD

6. DCDD85

DCDD85 New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    I removed the SD card and I was able to install Angry Birds. I then put the SD card back in to the phone and tried another app and it was unsuccessful. Does this mean that the SD card is corrupted? Should I format it? I checked the amount of space I have on the SD card and I have about 1.8 GB so I know its not a space issue. I though that by default the apps installed on the internal phone memory.