1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Trouble installing Kies driver for Samsung device (admin problem)

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by wp1994, Jul 22, 2017.

1. wp1994

wp1994 Lurker

Hi there, new to developing here. I've been doing the udacity free online courses and am at the stage where I want to run the Hello World app on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE device. First of all, when searching for the correct driver when I had to put in my model number, the specific one didn't come up so I just downloaded the kies setup for the same kind of device but with a different model number. Now when I try to install the kies driver and click on the setup, it says "This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine" and this is from the official Samsung website. When I click on the publisher name and view the certificate it says it was valid up until 22/12/2013 so maybe this is the reason? Alternatively it says "An administrator has blocked you from running this app" and even when I try to run it as the administrator the same message comes up.

Also, when I right click "This PC" and click "Manage" and check for driver updates when my device is plugged in, it says all the driver software is up to date, yet Android Studio still wont detect my phone.

Any ideas on how I can overrule this or if one of you has had a similar problem?

EDIT: I thought I might need smart switch instead of kies since the devices listed include my device: "Supported models : Smart Phone/Tablet from Galaxy Note III (Android OS 4.3 or higher)" but when I downloaded this for windows and try to open the setup the message "The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail" comes up... All I want to do is develop and it's proving to be a bit tricky so far.

#1 wp1994, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download