• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trouble installing livewallpaper.apk

OsirisMaya

Apr 19, 2012
After switching my phone to the cyanogenmod, the livewallpaper option is gone. i found like to livewallpaperpicker.apks but when i go to install them it ay application NOT installed. i even unzipped the ones needed. PLEASE help if you know the solution. i miss my live wallpapers:(:(:(

What rom did you install? I thought all the cm7 roms had Live Wallpapers.

Anyway you will not be able to install it like a normal app. You will need to use a root enabled file manager (I like root brower but there are a few on the market) to copy the livewallpaperpicker.apk from your sd card into the /system/app folder.

Or you can also use ADB to push the app into the /system/app directory but the first option is probably easier.

Reactions: OsirisMaya
Upvote 0
Hmmm... Maybe a bad flash. Since you came from another Rom did you do a full wipe of the phone in recovery before flashing Backside (Boot, Data, System, Cache & Dalvik Cache)? I would redownload the rom, check md5, wipe phone and reflash rom and gapps.

I run BACKside and the livewallpaper option works fine. I access is by hitting menu button, selecting more and wallpaper and then it asks if I want a Live Wallpaper or Gallary Wallpaper. Sounds like something didn't take right with your flash

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I would wipe phone and reflash Backside and Google Apps

Download rom and gapps at links below and place them on your sdcard

Newest Backside Rom - BACKside-IHO-VM670-04172012.zip
Google Apps - Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Go to this Thread - http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...wip-backside-rom-cm7-green-machine-theme.html

Scroll down to section "---Installing from another ROM"

I cant downlod the rom. I dont have a 66 mb memory card

Upvote 0
Does your SDCard have alot of data on it? The SDCard that comes with the Optimus V is 2gb. If you have alot stored on it you will need to back the data up to a pc so you can use the card to flash a rom or use another SDCard.

If you haven't put anything on it and you are sure there's nothing on it you can't lose you might want to try formatting the card in settings as it may not be properly formatted or you might have a bad sdcard which might be where your issues started.

If you are unsure I would pick up a new sdcard as they are fairly cheap

Reactions: OsirisMaya
Upvote 0
Make sure you go to settings/storage and select Unmount SD card before removing it. Once you have the data backed up on you PC you can format (this will wipe all data) the uSD card in the PC by going to Start/Computer/right click on the uSD card. Select the format option, select the default setting. Once you have formatted it put it back in your phone and mount it. Then go to the BACKside thread. All the info you need is in the First post.
Once you have the ROM installed you can go back to settings/storage/select erase SD card. Unmount it and put it back into your PC. Transfer all your data that you backed up. Put it back into phone.

Note: If you did not make a backup of your system in the recovery (this is called a nandroid) because you did not have enough space, then while you have room on the uSD card make a backup before you try to install the ROM. This will add a folder called clockworkmod. Make sure this is put in the Folder you made when you backed up your phone on the PC. Do this before you erase the uSD card. Until you can get a bigger uSD card, if you mess something up just put the sd card into the PC and transfer the clockworkmod folder back into the uSD card. Insert it back into the phone and get into you recovery and select the restore option. All things Good again.

Upvote 0
I put my sd card in my computer and deleted alotttttt of hidden usless stuff from the past downloads. But i got it all downloaded and flashed and its all up and working. Thanks guys:) My only problem now is while im lisyening to muusic there is an occassaional weird skipping sound in the songs. But i doubt thats fixable

Reactions: kwknott
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones