• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble maintaining connection, and a friend of mine isnt receiving some of my text messages

I've been having two problems for the last 3-4 weeks, I'm not sure, but they may be related. First, I think my phone(Droid 2, Verizon) is losing complete connection to the network, but only when the screen is locked, because sometimes when I unlock the screen it doesn't show anything where it is supposed to show how strong my connection is. My Backup Assistant is even failing sometimes when the screen is locked. I've had the phone for about a year and a half and never had this problem before.

My second problem my or may not be related to the apparent connection issues. A friend of mine sometimes is not receiving some text and picture messages that I send her. After I send a text, I lock the screen(not sure if its relevant). I don't think that I am having the same problem with other people I send texts to, I do text her a bit more than anyone else, so she might be the only one that appears to be be affected because I text her more frequently.

Please help, and thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones