• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root trouble rooting with ics leak

Upvote 0
I am also running into an issue rooting my Bionic. I flash ICS from .905 via stock recovery and it works great; however, upon unzipping the razr file onto my computer, I tried running the run.bat file and it just stays on "waiting for device"...

I installed the motorolla driver software and it says it's up-to-date, but am I doing something wrong? One interesting thing now is that my bionic always says "USB Device Not Recognized" when I hook it up to my PC. It didn't say this prior to ICS. I know that ICS doesn't work the same, but shouldn't it still connect to the PC?

Upvote 0
I am also running into an issue rooting my Bionic. I flash ICS from .905 via stock recovery and it works great; however, upon unzipping the razr file onto my computer, I tried running the run.bat file and it just stays on "waiting for device"...

I installed the motorolla driver software and it says it's up-to-date, but am I doing something wrong? One interesting thing now is that my bionic always says "USB Device Not Recognized" when I hook it up to my PC. It didn't say this prior to ICS. I know that ICS doesn't work the same, but shouldn't it still connect to the PC?

The latest drivers for moto is 5.7. Are you sure you have that installed? Like what others have said, make sure you have USB Debugging and it's on MTP mode.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones