1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Trouble Rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eastley, Apr 4, 2011.

1. eastley

eastley Lurker
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    Hi guys.

Telstra here in Australia have finally released there update.

I need to change my CSC as I once used Darky's Rom, but went back to stock Telstra and the CSC is stuck in XEN, need it as TEL.

I need to root to do this.

However all root apps fail :( My mobile cannot be root, any ideas?

Advertisement

2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    You don't need root to flash a CSC file through Odin. Why do you need root?

3. bretto69

bretto69 Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    I have the same problem, I need a stock device so that Good for Enterprise will work but since installing the stock telstra rom, a downgrade from Darky 9.5, I am stuck with a product code of XEN when it should be TEL, so kies will not update to 2.2.

but hours of googling have not helped me work out how to change the product code, rooting or not? Can someone point me in the right direction of how to change the product code from XEN to TEL so that I can get kies to give me the 2.2 update for telstra?

4. snapper.fishes

None

Jul 13, 2010
    You need to find a rom with product code TEL. Go to samfirmware.com. If that fails, try googling for it.

5. ArmadaTattoo

ArmadaTattoo Well-Known Member
    None

I dont have a clue how to do what your asking but I was wondering why you would want to remove Darky 9.5 to go to Froyo 2.2?
    I am on Froyo 2.2 and it sucks. I was happier on 2.1 with a lagfix, the 2.2 update is very lagy and buggy. I would go to 2.2.1 if they ever release it here (Ireland) but it looks like Gingerbread 2.3 will be available first.

I have read that alot of people are really happy with Darky 9.5, I was considering going that route myself.

6. bretto69

bretto69 Lurker
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    The only reason to move from Darkys rom, back to Telstra 2.2, is because I want to run Good For Enterprise on my phone for corporate email, and this requires a non rooted device. Unfortunately no matter how I try and unroot my phone, Good still thinks it is rooted. So I either downgrade to s stock telstra 2.1 (I have succeeded but it sucks) and I think work out how to change the productcode back to TEL, or I work out how to properly unroot a Darky 9.5 so good works.

And yes Darky 9.5 is awesome and highly recommended.

7. ArmadaTattoo

ArmadaTattoo Well-Known Member
    None

Ah I see, wish I could help!

Did you follow a walkthrough when you flashed Darky 9.5? I would appreciate a link, I have struggled to find it.

8. snapper.fishes

None

Jul 13, 2010
    Here's a simple set of rules that I follow when flashing darky roms (Don't try to do this with V 10 though.)

1) Flash an old eclair rom. I use ZSJG4 for this purpose, but really it makes no difference. Flashing an eclair rom gives you 2e recovery directly, which saves you a bit of time.
    2) Put the cwm update.zip file into the internal SD
    3) Go into recovery and choose install update.zip
    4) Install update.zip again (it's weird, but you need to do this twice.)
    5) Great, now you are in CWM recovery. Go to install zip from SD, choose the rom file and flash away.
    6) Done.

Contrary to what the hell everyone else says, there's no need to flash another base rom/2.2.1/2.2, etc. That's complete bullshit. It makes absolutely no difference what the hell you flash first (unless if you are trying to flash v10, in which case you do need to flash a rom with gingerbread bootloader).