• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble sync'ing Outlook 2007 Tasks with Kies

mike.mossop

Aug 21, 2011
Hi!

I'm brand new to the forums and to Android in general. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S2, and downloaded Kies 2.0.2..... yesterday.

It was very easy to sync my contacts/calendar/memos from Outlook 2007 to my new phone, but I cannot figure out how to synch the tasks.

Under the synch tab in Kies, I can check out contacts, calendar and memos, but there is simply no option for tasks.

When I go into Tools/Preferences, and then click on the device tab I can see the synch log for contacts, calendar and memos, but then there is another line called "To do", which is greyed out and says "no synching log" to the right. I find this odd because I do have a tasks application on the phone.

If anybody know how to get this working I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks chanchan05... I take it Producteev and Companionlink are both third party programs for sync'ing?

That's correct. Samsung offers Kies as their sync solution, but when it comes to syncing Android with Outlook there are quite a few options. To help you decide, we offer a 14-day free trial of CompanionLink for Outlook, so you can see if it's right for you. If you have any questions about it, just ask! I'm here to help.

David Z.

Upvote 0
Mike welcome to Android! You will soon learn that the standard PIM functions of android do not really exist out of the box. There is typically no easy way to sync tasks or memos out of the box because there is no one standard app for these items like there was on eg. Palm platform. There is standard apps for contacts and calendar - but beware if you have any kind of complexity in your contact information Kies will not cope with it.

Please back up you outlook data (drag contacts, calendar etc. folders into another file in Outlook)

See this thread also
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2/333958-need-sync-gs2-outlook.html

Upvote 0
ToDo is the same as tasks. You need to select the right folder to sync to from your Outlook.

QUOTE=mike.mossop;3107998]Hi!

I'm brand new to the forums and to Android in general. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S2, and downloaded Kies 2.0.2..... yesterday.

It was very easy to sync my contacts/calendar/memos from Outlook 2007 to my new phone, but I cannot figure out how to synch the tasks.

Under the synch tab in Kies, I can check out contacts, calendar and memos, but there is simply no option for tasks.

When I go into Tools/Preferences, and then click on the device tab I can see the synch log for contacts, calendar and memos, but then there is another line called "To do", which is greyed out and says "no synching log" to the right. I find this odd because I do have a tasks application on the phone.

If anybody know how to get this working I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Mike[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones