• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble updating HTC Hero with the latest pre-update to 2.1

ivdzhen

Lurker
Jun 19, 2010
Hi all.
Yesterday I got the notification to my HTC Hero (1.5 v) that new udate was available. Well, then...

1. Got new HTC Sync and installed it, than rebooted my machine(HTC Sync 2.0.33 and Windows 7)
2. Got the firmware update file on official website
(RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver_EU.exe or something like that)

When I connected my phone and plugged the "synch" button it worked fine. I mean - I could sync the phone and they both seemed to see each other perfectly.
However, when I tried to execute the ROM update file.... - the phone disconnected right before the application was able to check the OS version and so forth.
Okay, maybe the accident? But no! I tried several times and the problem reproduces itself.

So, guys... I wonder maybe some of you have any idea of what the hell is going on and how to deal with it?

And, btw, can anybody tell me how to force HTC Hero to check that the firmware update is available? Cause it got only once and I haven't found any button "CHECK THE F... UPDATE" or anything like that.

PS. Sorry for being a little bit frustrated :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones