• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble using Estrongs

Estrongs keeps telling me it cannot move, cut, copy, or delete anything to, from, or on the sd card. Anyone else have this problem?

Samsung locked down the sdcard because of the way they have the Tab manage memory. There are also issues with apps that aren't written for Honeycomb having problems accessing external storage. There is a fix for it on XDA if you feel like flashing it. I myself am waiting to see if the ICS update will fix it as it isn't that big a problem for me.

[FIX]Fix external SD Card permissions - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Samsung locked down the sdcard because of the way they have the Tab manage memory. There are also issues with apps that aren't written for Honeycomb having problems accessing external storage. There is a fix for it on XDA if you feel like flashing it. I myself am waiting to see if the ICS update will fix it as it isn't that big a problem for me.

[FIX]Fix external SD Card permissions - xda-developers

I actually found that the other day but had forgotten to come back and post that I had. Easy fix. Nothing to flash really, just find that permissions xml file and add one line then reboot. Easy peasy.

Upvote 0
FWIW' I have no problems copying/pasting to the internal storage "sdcard" folder, nor my external microSD "/extstorages/sdcard" folder, via EStrong. I also just finished copying some folders with mp3s from SD card, connected via the 5+1 in1 Galaxy Tab OTG connection adapter, to the tab's storage...again via Estrong.

Upvote 0
FWIW' I have no problems copying/pasting to the internal storage "sdcard" folder, nor my external microSD "/extstorages/sdcard" folder, via EStrong. I also just finished copying some folders with mp3s from SD card, connected via the 5+1 in1 Galaxy Tab OTG connection adapter, to the tab's storage...again via Estrong.

I am able to create folders on the external storage using estrongs but as soon as I try and move something from my pc and paste it into the sdcard it won't copy the files over. I can only paste them into the internal storage. Just wierd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones