1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Trouble VPN'ing through the 3g??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shoust, Sep 9, 2010.

1. shoust

shoust Active Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Hi Guy's I'm hoping that this is not a problem and it's just me? I can't Vpn into my network through the 3g? Can somone tell me what I am doing wrong here? I came from WM and never had a problem doing this with that slow lock up al the time:thinking: POS so why the problem with my Dinc? Hope there is a fix because this is the very reason why I have this phone or at least the reason that my company got it and the data plan for me......

Advertisement

2. volcom1216

volcom1216 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Network Administrator
    the OC
    Ya, I've been having problems with my VPN at times also. When on 3g sometimes it would take up to 3 tries for it to connect. But on my home wifi, it would only take 1 time.

Do you get a server busy or something like that? Our company firewall is a Cisco old pix firewall using MSCHAPv1 pptp. Are you on the same protocol/encryption?

I'm not sure if Verizon is blocking VPN.

3. shoust

shoust Active Member

Jun 26, 2010
    The error is somtimes server busy and other times somthing to do with sockets??I'm not sure exactly what the VPN is I heard the technician say its tunel something or other? They think the problem is the network or the phone? I can tell you this I never had this issue with my old WM Touch pro. I really have to figure this out or I will loose the phone. This is why I have it...

4. shoust

shoust Active Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Wow I'm the only Guy who is having this problem? None of you guys are VPN users???