• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help trouble w evo facebook

macarena

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
I have htc evo w htc sense. For some reason, only one facebook app shows up on my app page, but 2 (fb for htc sense & fb for android) show up when i go to "manage applications." Pretty sure th one for android is a download tho. I have problems w both. when i us3fb for htc sense, i can't refresh my notifications. it says something like "unable to retrieve notifications, parser error 601". When i use fb for android, th notifications are fine, but it says "this video cannot be displayed" when i try to view posted videos, even my own uploads. I seem to remember accidentally hitting a button to make youtube my default for viewing videos. Could that be part of it? If so, how do i undo th default? I've tried updating my phone, updating and syncing both th apps, even clearing the data and deleting th account and reregistering it on my phone. When i go to systems-applications-manage applications, it won't let me uninstall either app. Th only options are to uninstall updates, clear data, or force stop. Help, please!

I have the same issue with 2 Facebooks showing up when I "mangage applications" but only the Android one showing up as available to use. I messed around yesterday downloading FB versions (touch, android...) and uninstalling updates and at some point was getting a FB icon showing up on the black bar at the top of my home screen when I got new notifications (not just msg's, but actual notifications) and this was great until I went in later and accidentally downloaded some FB update and now my notifications are GONE. Can anyone tell me how to go back?? TIA!

Upvote 0
Facebook for Sense just controls the contacts in your People app, and the FriendStream app/widget. The other Facebook app is just that, an app to browse facebook. You cant actually "access" the Facebook for Sense, its just integrated into the OS.

Notifications are controlled through the app. Go to the app, hit Menu then Settings. Then check the Notifications you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones