1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Trouble with AOSP roms = Trouble with this phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EKhatch, Nov 8, 2011.

1. EKhatch

EKhatch Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2010
    Okay, I have a bit of a different type of concern with this phone than probably anyone else. For reasons I have yet to figure out I have trouble with receiving emails with AOSP roms (I have tried MIUI, CM7, and Buggless Beast). The problem is that with my MSN account the phone will continually download random emails that are up to a month old that are still on the server. I don't delete them on the server because I still need/want them to be available. I have never had this problem with my BlackBerry or either of my HTC phones running sense based roms. It is very annoying and I would have to have the same issue if I get this phone. I can get the same email 10+ times over a few day span even if it is still in my phone trash folder. They can be a month old or only a day old and it is totally random, it doesn't happen to every email.

This would be a deal breaker for me and am concerned that the only way to find out if I am going to have this problem is if I actually have the phone for several days.

Any input or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement

2. Mahalo

Mahalo Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    Tampa, Florida
    Try archiving old emails on your account, never heard of this scenario, but if they are archived they won't be in your Inbox any more (but still available.)

3. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    Can you tell us what device you experienced this on?

4. EKhatch

None

Mar 18, 2010
    Yeah, I am going to have to do something like that. I have no idea why this would only happen on AOSP roms and not sense roms or even my old BlackBerry.

Yeah, sorry. It's an HTC Incredible, SLCD if that makes any difference.

It's really odd. There does not seem to be any sort of pattern to what emails keep showing up.

5. trophynuts

trophynuts Android Expert
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    ok then. Sorry i'm not of much help then. I have an msn hotmail acct but what i do is forward it to my Gmail acct.

EKhatch likes this.
  6. Mahalo

Mahalo Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    Tampa, Florida
    That is just weird... I'm sure that you tried removing and re-adding the account already.... but yeah, archive the old stuff. Hopefully that will help you out!

EKhatch likes this.
  7. EKhatch

None

Mar 18, 2010
    No problem.

I haven't deleted and re-added the account on my current MIUI rom but I have done that before on other roms including an older version of MIUI.

I don't know how it could possibly be the phone itself but I should try and get my hands on another one just to see.

8. EKhatch

None

Mar 18, 2010
    Well archiving the emails works but I still have the problem of getting todays emails multiple times before I get home to archive them. I could try leaving them in my phones inbox until I get home each night but I shouldn't have to be going through this in the first place. I really hope if I get the Nexus this doesn't happen with it.

Tags: