1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Trouble with Camera Colors

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FlyingMug, Jan 12, 2012.

1. FlyingMug

FlyingMug Lurker
    None

Oct 6, 2011
    I guess it has something to do with the white balancing. Every time I start up a camera app, I get a pretty intense tint, usually green or orange. Fiddling with the discrete balance options, I've seen everything from red to purple.

Here's a picture of a plain piece of white paper on a drab apartment carpet:
    [​IMG]

Here's a vividly yellow-orange piece of paper on a nearly indescribable carpet:
    [​IMG]

I've scaled down the images but that's the general idea. For some reason, pointing the camera at different things will sometimes cause it to, on auto only so far, adjust to normal. Right after taking the first picture, I hit back to exit the camera app, started it up, and took the second picture. I then fiddled with it for a bit and couldn't get to go back to normal, it can be stuck like the latter image for a while. I also have Camera Zoom FX and it seems to be more resistant to adjusting than stock.

Any thoughts on this would help, I'm only guessing its the white balance because that setting on Automatic sometimes works. I've also done some of the obvious software-type things like turning the phone off, clearing the data cache, or setting the camera settings to defaults.

UPDATE: Problem cleared up after I crashed the stock camera app by switching to the FFC while hooked up to computer. All the white balance options seem to be working normally.

Advertisement