• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble with Language

mr_quik

Lurker
Sep 29, 2011
I bought my HTC sensation on ebay from someone in HK. Unfortunately the phone seems to be the middle east version so I am stuck with English (UAE, Bahrain, Algeria...) and not English (United States or even Canada). I also have French and Arabic that I don't use.

In case you are wondering, I see these in >> setting >> language & keyboard >>Language

If you think English is English, you are wrong there are a few weird things happening every once in a while.. for example, if I have one email, it shows "3" in the native arabic numeral (don't know the technical name.. sorry) and spelling like colour etc.

I have two questions:

1) do these languages take a lot of memory? if so, how do I delete them?
2) How can I add English (U.S, UK or Canada)

I appreciate your help guys.

Thanks.
But that only solves part of the problem. I have a new keyboard that I can type with but the phone is still in English (UAE,..) so some things like 3 emails that I mentioned above are still not adjusted.
Plus I can't still delete these languages!

I appreciate your help though.. Now at least I can type the way I want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones