• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble with latest Gingerbread, thoughts?

jhe888

Lurker
Mar 3, 2011
I installed an update of Gingerbread on my EVO 4G over the Labor Day weekend. My phone has rebooted itself a couple of times. Literally. It is just sitting there, minding its own business, and it restarts. It has frozen a couple of times while I was using the camera and had to be rebooted.

I do have Juice Defender running, but that is the only non-stock program that runs all the time.

Anyone else see this, or have any thoughts?

Reactions: EVU
I installed an update of Gingerbread on my EVO 4G over the Labor Day weekend. My phone has rebooted itself a couple of times. Literally. It is just sitting there, minding its own business, and it restarts. It has frozen a couple of times while I was using the camera and had to be rebooted.

I do have Juice Defender running, but that is the only non-stock program that runs all the time.

Heres some previous discussion on the topic.
Gingerbread impressions/tips/problems NON ROOTED STOCK ONLY

Upvote 0

Yeah - mine seem to have picked up that bug.
Unintended Sense & Power reboots.

The latter more so than the former.
the camera issue popped once for me also & then it rebooted itself.

So while the 4.53 patch help alleviate the Voice to Text bug, it exacerbated the reboot issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones