• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

trouble with phone buzzing/refresh button always on

lisabartee

Lurker
Sep 4, 2012
The refresh icon (i assume, the circle with arrows going in a circle) has begun showing on my tool bar on the top of the phone most all of the time. It does go away when I shut the phone off,but returns shortly. The phone also has started buzzing like the notification sound all the time, seems to crash, stall, etc, a lot! I've tried several things, such as disabling the automatic upgrading of apps, etc. but nothing really seems to change. Help?!

The icon you are talking about indicates a sync in progress. Do you sync multiple accounts? Go to menu>settings>accounts & sync and you will see which accounts are being sync'ed. You can turn some or all of them off to see if this fixes it. If the icon goes away, then turn on each account one at a time until you find the one that's the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones