1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Trouble with root, no phone for work tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BoVinson, Jan 8, 2012.

1. BoVinson

BoVinson Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Hey guys, Galaxy S2 I777 on AT&T. I "rooted" my phone earlier today after watching a youtube video. I figured after 1 look I was an expert and I couldnt have been more wrong. Now my GS2 turns on, I get a screen introducing the "Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100" then the start up screen.. those 2 screens over and over untill I take the battery out. Any help would be apreciated, I am about to start scowering the threads now for any info just thought id put this up to increase my luck of finding some help, im f***** without my smartphone at work tomorow. Anyways, if you can help thanks for your time, if not thanks for having a look anyways.. Thank everyone in advance!

Advertisement

2. BoVinson

BoVinson Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    I did a factory reset through ClockworkMod Recovery and was able to get the phone out of boot loop. Now it looks like I uploaded some old platform because it looks nothing like it used to (as far as menus and options not the theme) and I cant use my mobile network for calls or texts.

I wanted to try to upload the original kernal that was provided in the all things root thread but I can no longer acess the dowload screen on my device due to not having a soft key for home button. If I can get to the download screen, and upload the stock rom provided, I should be in the clear?

3. BoVinson

BoVinson Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Sorry for aimlessly blabbing about problems, got kinda freaked out when my phone wouldnt work, took a break and then flashed the stock settings back to my phone.. everything seems to be doing good except for my signal strength is poor (mobile network and wifi).

I noticed my Baseband Version is I9100XXKE7, but my model is the SGH-I777
    .. I searched for software update, my phone dowloaded the software, rebooted to install and stopped about 34%, finished booting, and now wont let me finish the update..

Again sorry for blowing this up, just new to the site trying to figure things out (I have to admit ive learned alot today being forced to stare at my phone for so long)

...Thanks in advance guys for any input

4. geomax45

geomax45 Member
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    BoVinson likes this.
  5. BoVinson

BoVinson Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Thanks buddy, yeah im pretty sure thats what happend (new to all this but I have been glued to my computer the past 3 days trying to resolve this). I have "unrooted" according to "the smartphone tech" on youtube, using his reccomended stock ROM. The problem im having is getting the correct Baseband version. Thanks for the help, checking out your link right now!

6. BoVinson

BoVinson Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Awesome, this worked flawlessly.. for future refrence if anyone "roots" their phone and after booting can text and access the mobile network but cannot make phone calls the Baseband Version was my problem. With the AT&T Samsund SGH- I777 my version stock is I777UCKH7. The link geomax45 posted worked perfect. You unzip the file to your hard drive, place phone in download mode, and click start..... SUCCESS (follow directions shown on this link). Heading to the market to download all my apps and restore data... thanks for your help again geomax45

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Heimdall][Odin][Stock][Root]UCKH7/KK6 Return/Unbrick to Stock (or Root)
    -Follow Steps Listed

7. geomax45

geomax45 Member
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    I'm glad things worked out.