• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trouble With Themes and Cyanogen Mod

I've looked everywhere for the answer to this question with no luck so if the answer is out there somewhere, I apologize for starting a new thread.

I'm running the latest version of Cyanogen Mod on my evo and LOVEit! However, I have yet to be able to install a theme on my phone. I was under the impression that it was just like flashing a ROM to my phone and that I could even use ROM Manager to do so, but I just can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Here's a current screenshot of my main home screen:

snap20101005_131943.png

Basically, all I want to do is to be able to turn the notification bar black. I'd like for all the menus and popups and whatever else to be black as well, but I would settle for just the notification bar.

Would anybody care to help a noob out? (p.s. I love step-by-step instructions!)

I've looked everywhere for the answer to this question with no luck so if the answer is out there somewhere, I apologize for starting a new thread.

I'm running the latest version of Cyanogen Mod on my evo and LOVEit! However, I have yet to be able to install a theme on my phone. I was under the impression that it was just like flashing a ROM to my phone and that I could even use ROM Manager to do so, but I just can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Here's a current screenshot of my main home screen:

snap20101005_131943.png

Basically, all I want to do is to be able to turn the notification bar black. I'd like for all the menus and popups and whatever else to be black as well, but I would settle for just the notification bar.

Would anybody care to help a noob out? (p.s. I love step-by-step instructions!)

I believe u can change your notification bar color from within setting,then you will need to reboot your phone for the changes to apply.

If you are looking to change the whole Theme just go here.....EVO 4G Themes and Apps - xda-developers the process is as easy as flashing a ROM.

Have fun.

Reactions: Justify
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones