• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble with virtual keyboard since i accidentally uninstalled gboard

I accidentally uninstalled gboard and now all that shows up when i go to type or text, is the google voice telling me to tap to type. When I try to change the keyboard it is grayed out and i cannot select or deselect keyboards. Help!!!
Go to Play Store, tap Categories, tap Tools, then scroll down and tap Show All. Scroll down until you find Gboard.

Upvote 0
Just to check, two questions:

1) What was the default keyboard on your phone when you first got it?

2) Are you rooted?

If the answers to these are "Gboard" and "Yes" then do not do a factory reset. If you have removed the keyboard from the ROM (which requires root) then a reset won't help. If you have not then it should, though it's a pain.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Just to check, two questions:

1) What was the default keyboard on your phone when you first got it?

2) Are you rooted?

If the answers to these are "Gboard" and "Yes" then do not do a factory reset. If you have removed the keyboard from the ROM (which requires root) then a reset won't help. If you have not then it should, though it's a pain.
1. Swiftkey 2. No. I could do a data reset but before i go through that i want to make sure there is nothing else i can do. Is there anything else i can do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones