• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

troublesome texts..

Hey there everyone... Although i tried looking through all the other threads, i was unable to find one with the issue that i am having.

Was not a big deal until tonight...

My phone, a samsung behold 2 through tmobile, will restart itself pretty much when it feels like it.

every now and then when it does this it will randomly resend past text messages to the same recipient.

never a big issue until tonight when i get a call from my lady, asking about a text that she had just received from me... i had been asleep for about an hour and a half at this pt.

amyhow, have you all heard of anything like this? up until now my buddies got these messages and just thought i was an idiot, she on the other hand is not pleased.

I have already printed out all my phone records to smooth things over with her, but should probably try to avoid these things in the past if possible.

I have already spoke to tmobile about this and the SD card unmounting all the time, but i am really tired of resetting it.

thank you in advance.

yea i get it all the time, sending and receiving double texts, and it happens at different times. sometimes an hour apart sometimes 1 minute, doesnt seem to be a common problem but it does happen and this is my second bh2 that it has done it on. oh and im using the stock twiz no root.

Upvote 0
I had this problem a few months ago. What was really strange was at one point, my girlfriend said "Good night", and it didn't respond with the last message I had sent, instead it sent "Good night", which was a few messages earlier!

I think, in my case, the problem was with TouchWiz and Handcent not getting along. Try uninstalling/reinstalling Handcent--if that's what you're using.

After that episode, I dove in and rooted my phone, and I haven't had that problem since, so that could be an option for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones