• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help True Push Email app

ok, i am new to android, been on iphone last 2+ years. on that phone i had an app called mail notifier that pushed all my email notifications to my iphone.

Now on the Nexus One and unless i turn on sync, i have not found a way to get email notifications pushed to the phone. The purpose of this is i dont NEED sync for much else other than my email, facebook, other email accounts, weather, all that stuff can wait until i check it, but i do like email notification sent immediatly without having to check it. So if i can find a push app and turn sync off, it will help save battery life.

Just trying to find out from some experienced android users what my best options are. I was using live.com mail but switched to gmail since on this phone and thought gmail had true push capabilities, but from what i have read, this does not apprear to be correct. any help

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones