1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General True tempered glass screen protector for S7 Edge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hawker, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Male
    UK
    I've bought about 3 now from different suppliers on eBay claiming to be 3D tempered glass for S7 Edge, and all have been the flimsy film-like protectors that are utterly hopeless, and not the hardened plastic-like protectors that I've had for all other phones I've bought them for.

Are there any true tempered glass protectors available for the Edge, or is this just the way it is this model phone?

If there are any available and recommended could someone post up links please, and could you also let me know if they fit snugly and cleanly around the edges without any pocketing

Many thanks

Advertisement

#1 Hawker, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  2. TanyaMac

TanyaMac Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2016
    Female
  3. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    There are a few including a fairly expensive one from Zagg that fit reasonably well, however they had severe limitations beyond the fit.

They are all glued only on the outer borders. As a result a level of protection on the main surface (lacking adhesive contact) is questionable.

Practically all cases will cause these protectors to bulge and pop-up due to pressure on the edges. Very, very few cases with minimalistic protection and questionable looks are available that would work on these screen protectors.

I have purchased a few of these "well fitting protectors" and have been disappointed for the aforementioned reasons. I also question their true level of protection. A decent case is far more important for phone protection and there are several non-glass screen protectors that do provide a reasonable level of scratch protection.

Tempered glass protectors with proper adhesives worked great for earlier phones that had flat screens.

TanyaMac and Hawker like this.
  4. LightspeeD007

LightspeeD007 Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2015
    Male
    pastry Chef
    Sydney
  5. pirahna

pirahna Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 14, 2009
    I got the Alpha Glass from Otterbox, what a piece of garbage. The screen was totally useless with it on. You would have to press on the keyboard super hard and multiple times to get the phone to recognize your inputs. It lasted less than a day before I removed it.

Bill_Pitt likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.