1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Try out my first app?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by stormyhigh, Dec 19, 2010.

1. stormyhigh

stormyhigh Newbie

UPDATED: 12/20/2010 New Version uploaded!!! Use the QR code below.
    3/23/12 Added screenshot. New version coming soon???

I just created an app called TextyPants using App Inventor.

Quite simply, it allows you to enter a phone number and write a text message, that when you click send it automatically gets the phrase " ... in my pants!" (without the quotations) added to the end of your message and is sent. Quickly and easily write/send a text message with a punchline built in!

Update: now has 3 additional punchlines built-in, use the selector button to choose the punchline you want to send! Also, click the copyright image at the bottom to link back to this forum page to leave feedback. If you'd like to send me feedback via email rather than by posting here, click here.

Punchlines offered:
    1. ... in my pants!
    2. ... in your pants!
    3. ... in bed!
    4. ... that's what she said!
    If no selection is made, app defaults to "... in my pants!" punchline.

[​IMG]

To download it, simply scan or click on the QR code image below, and let me know what you think... any bugs, ideas, or constructive comments welcome.

[App is released here for free as a demo of a planned upcoming app FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. Future planned features include having contact selection in addition to phone number entry, a character count on the message text entry field, plus enhanced design in addition to other options.]

QR Code links to updated version.
    [​IMG]
    (Direct Link to .apk file)

DOWNLOAD/USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    NO WARRANTY IMPLIED.

pumps101 and ElasticNinja like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pumps101

pumps101 Lurker

Very nice..perhaps there is a way to delete the last punctuation mark so it makes more sense. But no bug as far as I can see and the design is simple but good.

3. stormyhigh

stormyhigh Newbie

Thanks for the review! I'm not sure which punctuation mark you mean - are you saying to change the exclamation mark to a period?

4. Stefenatefun

Stefenatefun Newbie

LG Ally, works perfectly! You should allow us to change it to "... in your pants!" or something close to that.

5. stormyhigh

stormyhigh Newbie

I've added a list selector element to allow people to choose from a few different punchlines. So far the options I have are...

1. ... in my pants!
    2. ... in your pants!
    3. ... in bed!
    4. ... that's what she said!

Does anyone have any other common punchlines that they'd want/recommend? I'll be updating this post soon with the new .apk download!

6. Sam Voss

Sam Voss Android Enthusiast

I find this very amusing, it allows any everyday conversation to turn into a hilarious accident of a thats what she said, or anything along those lines! the only thing is if you find someone who hates signatures, this may be bad because its more or less just adding a signature to your message, but if you're like that, don't download this app!