1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Try these ideas to make your charge fast and responsive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rcyphermd, Jun 9, 2011.

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

Oct 14, 2009
    I had the TB. Liked it's speed but gave up when it took me 3 batteries to get through a long day. Love the charge.....lightweight, great battery life and gorgeous screen. I have played with all kinds of apps to make it fast and smooth without rooting. Here is what works for me:

--Dolphin Browser instead of stock browser
    --Go SMS. I used to use handcent, but found it really slowed my whole phone down. Really made a huge difference with eliminating lag.
    -- go launcher instead of stock
    --widget locker is a great way to bypass the stock unlock system. It has so many options.....incredible. I have my gmail and SMS on the lock page. I can access them without unlocking my phone. That is cool! Really speeds up access.

I have no connection to any of these apps. I just wanted to share what made my charge about as perfect as I could hope.

Advertisement

DeniseJ likes this.
  2. Sintec

Sintec Member
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    Arizona
    I have done all of that and I am still very disappointed in the Charge. Those tips are all great for the real basic stuff (minus browsing), but ultimately the phone still can't handle much, at least in my opinion. If I am browsing the internet, have slacker radio open, and a game, or pulse; I can feel the phone bogging down and it even sometimes crashes. My Incredible could handle all that and more much better. I have until Monday to make a decision, and as much as I dont want to, I might switch to the Revolution in hopes it will be able to handle the multi-tasking better.

3. sghere

sghere Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Network Engineer
    IL

Make sure all the apps work on the Revolution. I returned mine and went with the Charge because the Revolution was having issues with certain apps not updating (news readers, appbrain, Pulse etc) while on 3G. The Store Manager here was even able to duplicate it and said to wait until 2.3 rolled to it, but he couldn't even tell me if it was coming this summer.

I got the phone solely for the Netflix app, which worked flawlessly, but if none of the other apps worked on 3G, it wasn't worth it to me.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do. :)

S

4. jpog

jpog Member
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    What is Go SMS?

5. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Android Expert
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    It's a third party text program that gives you a TON more options than the stock program. It's really good, I would give it a go, no pun intended. :D

jpog likes this.
  6. jmilacek

jmilacek Lurker
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Great battery life? Huh?

7. jpog

jpog Member
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    It has a great battery life when compared to other 4G LTE phones is what he means..its battery is pretty good.

8. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Android Expert

Oct 14, 2009
    Considering it took me THREE batteries to get through the day with the thunderbolt, using only one a day is really good! And I do not have to turn most of the features off like I did on the TB.