1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Tryed the razr.. chose the bionic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JDUB348, Dec 20, 2011.

1. JDUB348

JDUB348 Newbie

Well i couldn't figure out which phone i wanted to buy, so last weekend i went and i bought the razr to see if i liked it. It was fine over the weekend, but when i brought it to work yesterday it was pathetic. At 2:00 PM yesterday it had a full battery. Throughout the day i made a few updates on the phone, left it out of 3g the entire day, and played with it a little bit. By about 11:00 PM the phone was pretty much dead.

Needless to say today i took it back in exchange for the Bionic w/ extended battery. From what my buddy says he can run the phone all day long in 4g and it lasts the entire day, so we'll see how it goes for me :)

The feel of the Bionic itself in my hand is much nicer then the razr. The razr just feels akward to hold.

Cant wait to see how tonight goes :)

johnlgalt, SirEagle, Duckster and 4 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Roll-Tide

Roll-Tide Android Enthusiast

I agree...I've had both and the Razr (in some areas) seems slightly snappier, but overall I like the Bionic better. Form factor is better in my opinion, the screen (believe it or not) is better, and with the extended battery you just can't beat the battery life.

The screen on the Razr just looks "cartoon-ish" to me...the colors are ridiculously over saturated. With the extended battery on the Bionic, I could very easily go two full days on one charge WITH 4G on the entire time....granted, that's with moderate usuage...heavy usage still gets me through a full 15-16 hour day

3. I think there is an audience for both devices. I chose the Bionic. Many people are very happy with the Razr.

The extended battery is not the total solution. There are still some absolutely horrendous things that you can do with the Bionic that will eat the battery ...

Mobile Hotspot (always be connected to a charger when using it)
    Social Location (uses GPS and is called in the background by some other social apps)
    Just about any app that uses GPS
    Having 4G enabled in SOME areas when 4G is not available (it keeps trying to connect to 4G and fails and fails and fails)

I use the Bionic with a standard battery. I prefer the way it "feels" over the Razr.

... Thom

jroc likes this.
  4. al23

al23 Well-Known Member

I am not alone, I see. I tried both. The RAZR was fine enough. But didn't feel comfortable with it. The battery life was (for me) not that good. I see no difference between the two phones on that score. Although the RAZR is thinner the bionic just felt better in my hands.

Finally, the cost for me would be the same. Except the the RAZR would have required a two-year contract.

Only issue: data connectivity sometimes is an issue.

5. JDUB348

JDUB348 Newbie

To me its like this is a SMART phone.. you want to USE the phone for its capabilities. The internal battery of the razr takes away from that ability

6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

You chose a Bionic over a Nexus!!!
    No worries, it's a great phone. Enjoy!

7. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Thus far, on 5.7.893 leaked update, I've pushed my Bionic with extended battery with no battery saving techniques employed to as long as 36 hours....but no 4G here.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews