• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tryin to understand Bing search history???

GoGuard

Lurker
Aug 19, 2011
Trying to understand something very frustrating. If you open "Bing" and hit the little white box as if you want to type in something, you enter one letter and a lot of choices drop down that start with that letter and they have a + sign to the right of each listing. Above this it says "Bookmarks". If I go to my bookmarks, it says I have none...which should be correct as I haven't set anything as a bookmark in Bing.

I'm trying to understand this as I have NOT searched these things that drop down. I did notice a strange oddity one day while looking at my "Google" history. I had searched something very special on my work computer but had NOT searched that on the phone. My only logical rationalization for the google thing is it is picking up my history because I may still be signed into my gmail account on the computer. This was a very specific one time search on the work computer, yet it was showing up on the phone.

So logically thinking, I'm wondering if people in the home who are using the laptop where I may have signed into my Gmail account, might be searching these things and it reflects that on my phone

OR

are these not indicative of recent searches performed but something like the "top web searches allover" for that letter and they think they are helping you by offering you the top choices to instantly go too.
Thank you for any clarification. This is driving me insane trying to understand!

And there is a very slim chance someone else used my phone to search these things as everyone already has their own Data phone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones