1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Trying HARD not to root, but this Back Up Assitant....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mistaj, Dec 31, 2012.

1. mistaj

mistaj Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    Crazy Question:

How can you shut this Back-Up Assitant crap down, or atleast keep it from popping up on my desktop everytime I plug this phone into my PC. I am really trying my best not to root this phone because I kind of bought the extra warranty and signed a contract and don't want to be SOL if I need to send it back for something (unless the un-root is easy:D) but I have a serious problem with a device controlling itself. Is there anything that can be done about this back up assistant from Verizon?

This was the main reason why I have ALWAYS hated Verizon, because their devices were always loaded down with bloatware, and you were stuck with it unless you hack the living snot out of the phone. But seeing as how I got sick of ATT after 10 years, Prepaid (Boost)...ha...I was better off sending telegrams, and Sprint and TMobile coverage is spotty (like had to stand in a corner of a room to talk), Verizon is my best option for now.

Advertisement

2. mistaj

mistaj Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    I might have found the solution:

There is an icon that appears in the system tray with the phone and the Motorola Emblem. Right click and it gives the option "When Phone is connected." You can then choose "Backup Assistant Plus" or "Do Nothing" I checked do nothing. Let's see if it works.

3. mistaj

mistaj Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    It worked...did nothing!

4. breynolds007

breynolds007 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    REALTOR
    Louisville, KY
    This drove me nuts for a few days before I realized fixed the problem...I too wish Verizon would leave their phones alone.