• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trying to access college email/account

kraze0g

Android Enthusiast
Dec 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hi, I have a question regarding secure connections and accessing them through my droid.

I need to be able to access my account page for my college for it includes everything from my email to updates on classes. The problem that I always run into though when I go to the 'login page' to get into my account is that a popup comes up and says "Data connectivity problem: A secure connection could not be established" ... I tried accessing it also through just wifi but it says the same thing.

Is there a solution to this? I know that other people in my classes are able to login and check their email and see updates which I don't understand. Is there something I need to do here? This is important to me because I need to be able to follow what is going on.

Thanks for any info...

Hi, I have a question regarding secure connections and accessing them through my droid.

I need to be able to access my account page for my college for it includes everything from my email to updates on classes. The problem that I always run into though when I go to the 'login page' to get into my account is that a popup comes up and says "Data connectivity problem: A secure connection could not be established" ... I tried accessing it also through just wifi but it says the same thing.

Is there a solution to this? I know that other people in my classes are able to login and check their email and see updates which I don't understand. Is there something I need to do here? This is important to me because I need to be able to follow what is going on.

Thanks for any info...

I believe its a problem with browsers based off webkit platform (which dolphin and the default android browser use).

Try using opera mini. It's not as nice, but it let me access some auth university pages that I wasn't able to before

edit:
in case you are lazy like me, you can scan the barcode from here
Opera Mini v4.2 Application for Android | Communication

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones