1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Trying to change keyboard, Font, and possibly LWP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by i.scare.me, Sep 11, 2010.

1. i.scare.me

i.scare.me New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    I have the Incredible and was trying to change the keyboard and font to ones that I had used on my Droid by Motorola. They came in zip format and were very easy to install on the Droid. I just changed the name of the file to update.zip and then installed it onto my Droid. When I tried to do this on my Incredible it said that it had installed a LWP successfully and then I selected reboot to find that I do not have the font or the keyboard anywhere on the handset. Was wondering if there was a special way that I need to do this or not?

Also was looking at installing a LWP on my phone but it again is in the zip format and not so sure if it will take? Have not tried it yet but may a little later unless someone has some better advice.

Also I would prefer not to put the zip files up on the post itself, so if you think you can help please PM me and I can try to send them to you. Or if you think you have the answer without seeing the files...shout it out. I can give it a whirl, as long as it is within reason.

Thanks all

Edit: I did figure out most of this. Got the keyboard I wanted loaded onto the phone as well as the font and the LWP. Still can't get the keyboard skin to overlay.

Advertisement