• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trying to connect to computer but failing~ Help?

Google has not been helpful so I hope someone in here may be able to help me?

I have connected my G1 to my computer before, so I know that it can do it.

This evening, I plugged the USB into the computer and waited for the notification sound and the screen to tell me the USB was connected. My G1 didn't do anything (except start charging). :( I am trying to figure out what I can do to manually mount my G1 to the computer, or if there is a way to fix this?

Google has not been helpful so I hope someone in here may be able to help me?

I have connected my G1 to my computer before, so I know that it can do it.

This evening, I plugged the USB into the computer and waited for the notification sound and the screen to tell me the USB was connected. My G1 didn't do anything (except start charging). :( I am trying to figure out what I can do to manually mount my G1 to the computer, or if there is a way to fix this?

well in the notification bar regardless of any sound if it is connected it should show an icon pull down the notification bar and select mount should be the same as normal just without sound... if that doesn't work go with the when in doubt reboot theory....... for reboot hold down the call(green) + menu + endcall(red) buttons

Upvote 0
well in the notification bar regardless of any sound if it is connected it should show an icon pull down the notification bar and select mount should be the same as normal just without sound... if that doesn't work go with the when in doubt reboot theory....... for reboot hold down the call(green) + menu + endcall(red) buttons

Thank you for replying!
with the one USB cord, it would not show any USB icon in the notifications.. just start charging. I rebooted and it continued to do the same thing. I took the second posters advice and tried a different USB cord and the pop up for mounting came up.

Upvote 0
try taking the card out and then placing it back in again and then connecting. and if this doesnt function, try restarting the phone before connecting.
another thing is to try another usb connection

these are some things that i would feel like doing in such a situation

using a different USB connection worked!
thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones